Join Solve at MIT on May 5 with Yuval Harari, Shirin Ebadi & more
To the members of the MIT community,
I write to invite you to join an exciting event on our campus: Solve at MIT's Opening Plenary session, “Ethical and Inclusive Innovation: Solving With, By, and For the Most Underserved.”
Solve at MIT
Kresge Auditorium (W16)
Thursday, May 5, 2:00–3:30 p.m.
In addition to MIT President L. Rafael Reif, the event’s featured speakers include:
- Noubar Afeyan, Co-Founder and Chairman, Moderna
- Azra Akšamija, Director, Art, Culture and Technology program, the Future Heritage Lab
- Shirin Ebadi, Nobel Peace Prize Winner; Founder, Defenders of Human Rights Center
- Yuval Noah Harari, Historian, Bestselling Author, and Co-Founder, Sapienship
- Serhii Plokhii, Director and Professor of Ukrainian History, Ukrainian Research Institute at Harvard University
- June Sugiyama, Director, Vodafone Americas Foundation
- Kristen Welch, Founder and Executive Director, Waking Women Healing Institute
On May 6 and 7, Solve at MIT will live-stream three additional plenary sessions, including an exclusive conversation on promoting our care providers with MIT Technology Review Editor-in-Chief Mat Honan and Anne Wojcicki, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, 23andMe. Full details of the program can be found on the Solve website.
If you are unable to attend these events, I encourage you to explore other ways you can engage with Solve:
- Sign up to review solutions submitted for future Solve Challenges.
- Start or continue your own social impact journey through Solv[ED], an exciting initiative to empower young people under 24 years – including MIT students – to become problem-solvers in their communities and the world. Sign up for updates on workshops, learning opportunities, and more!
- Explore career and internship opportunities with Solve, or mentor Solver teams around the world.
I look forward to seeing many of you at these events this spring.