Vice President for Campus Services and Stewardship
About the position
Reporting to the executive vice president and treasurer, the vice president for campus services and stewardship is responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance, operation, and powering of the MIT campus. The vice president oversees the offices that create programs and establish protocols to promote capital renewal, reduce environmental impact, and improve the resiliency of MIT's operations and facilities while advancing the health and safety of MIT community members. This role includes overseeing the teams who create programs to move materials and people to, from, and around the campus.
With regard to the MIT 2030 $5 billion capital plan, the vice president is responsible for developing capital planning and renewal scenarios, briefing MIT’s leadership, and overseeing the execution of chosen options.
As a steward of the MIT campus, the vice president supports the Institute’s education and research activities through collaborations with the City of Cambridge and key partners across the Institute. These include the Office of the Vice President for Finance, the Office of the General Counsel, the Office of Government and Community Relations, MIT Human Resources, the Office of Insurance, Information Systems and Technology, MIT Investment Management Company, MIT Medical, and the Office of Public Safety.
Committees on which the Vice President serves
- Academic Council
- Building Committee
- Campus Services and Stewardship Committee for Staff Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Carbon Footprint Working Group
- Climate Action Advisory Committee
- Institute Council on Environmental Health and Safety
- Sustainability Leadership Steering Committee
Committees chaired by the Vice President for Campus Services and Stewardship
- Committee for Renovation and Space Planning
- Committee for Transportation and Parking
- Endicott House Board of Governors
- Planning Subcommittee of the Committee for Renovation and Space Planning
- Renovations Subcommittee of the Committee for Renovation and Space Planning